Inspire and equip participants to achieve anything they can imagine in life.
To engage participants in project-based challenges that are designed to build confidence and develop extraordinary creativity, critical thinking, communication, and teamwork skills.
Fun learning: Explore STEM/STEAM concepts in a hands-on environment
Creative problem solving: Learn how to think, not what to think
Kid powered; team driven: Energize students to own all decisions, creations, and results
Friendly competition: Motivate teams to reach for the stars, while also rooting for each other
Global diversity: Encourage and celebrate differences in each other, and differences in ideas
THE CREATIVE PROCESS
Destination Imagination participants experience these components of the creative process while solving our Challenges.
– Becoming aware of the Challenge
– Gaining an in-depth understanding of the Challenge
– Generating ideas with team members
– Focusing on promising ideas
– Creating a project timeline
INITIATE & COLLABORATE
– Researching, exploring and experimenting
– Committing to options; building and completing all requirements
– Assessing progress; reworking or reimagining ideas
– Practicing presenting the solution
EVALUATE & CELEBRATE
– Presenting at a tournament
– Reflecting on and celebrating the experience
Putting the “A” in “STEAM” for more than 30 years.
Our organization was incorporated in 1982 when we took over the charter for the OM Association, Inc. In 1999, our name was changed to Destination Imagination, Inc. Since then, our non-profit has impacted more than 1.5 million participants. Today, more than 150,000 students participate in Destination Imagination program each year, with the support of more than 38,000 volunteers worldwide.
Through collaborations with NASA, 3M, Disney, Motorola Solutions Foundation, Oracle Academy, Mayo Clinic, Project Management Institute Educational Foundation, ShareSpace Foundation, PCG Education, National Geographic, U.S. Space & Rocket Center®, Partnership for 21st Century Learning, and other industry organizations, DI has been able to continue inspiring and engaging its participants for more than 30 years.